How to give securities held in physical form
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you plan to give mutual funds, please follow the “How to Give Mutual Funds” instructions or call our securities gift team at 785-775-2105 for instruction. Mutual funds cannot be transferred successfully using the routing information below.
The KSU Foundation also accepts gifts of securities held in physical form. In order to transfer the power of the stock/bond to the KSU Foundation, please:
- Fill out the Irrevocable Stock or Bond Power form below as follows:
Sample Stock Bond Power Form.doc
Power form notes:
- Please sign the stock power exactly as printed on the front of the physical security
- Have the Signature Medallion Signature guaranteed (usually available at your financial institution)
- DO NOT SIGN THE STOCK CERTIFICATE
- Provide a short letter indicating the name of the security, number of shares, and purpose of the gift.Please see the sample letter provided below.
Sample Letter to KSU Foundation.doc
- Mail the security, letter, and power form to the KSU Foundation, Attn: Investment Accounting.
If you have any questions throughout the process, please contact our team at 785-775-2105 or email SecuritiesGifts@ksufoundation.org