Asset Management Committee: June 14, 2012
The Asset Management Committee met on June 14, 2012. Chairman Richard Myers presided. In addition to the regular performance monitoring reports, the following are a few of the reports received and actions taken:
- Received a report from staff on the implementation status of the AlphaSimplex Volatility Cap strategy, which attempts to reduce potential future portfolio drawdowns and the portfolio implications of adding the AlphaSimplex Beta Trend overlay. The committee, and subsequently the board, approved adding the strategy.
- Reviewed and approved several minor updates to the Investment Policy Statement.
- Completed the annual reviews of the Underwater Endowed Account Reserve Pool and the Endowment Distribution Policy and moved to proceed with the policies unchanged.
- The real estate subcommittee reported on its meeting, including requests to approve construction contracts for the $2.5 million KSU Rowing Training Facility and the $1.7 million KSU Stanley Stout Livestock and Learning Center. The contracts were recommended for board approval, which was granted in the board meeting that followed.
- Endowment pool annualized returns for the periods ending March 31, 2012 were 2.03 percent, 12.61 percent, 1.81 percent and 6.21 percent for the one-, three-, five- and 10-year periods respectively.
If you are interested in learning more about the status of the endowment and the policies and procedures utilized in managing all KSU Foundation assets, please click here: http://www.found.k-state.edu/financials/investments/